Thursday, October 11, 2007

I hate being scared

I've never enjoyed scary movies. For a short time in High School I willingly watched scary movies. That didn't last very long. I also hate Haunted Houses. I don't like the feeling of not knowing what's going to happen. The anticipation is worse than actually being frightened by something. Halloween is definitely not my favorite holiday. I enjoy it more now that I have kids. I have an aunt that loves Halloween. She enjoys being scared so much that she's going to go on a tour of all the Haunted sites in San Fransisco. That is definitely not my idea of fun. All things considered, I can't figure out why I watch all these scary TV shows. I love CSI, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, Heroes.... I mean these aren't exactly like scary movies, but they are still pretty gruesome at times. I guess I just like mystery's and figuring things out. I definitely can't watch these shows in front of Emma. It doesn't make much sense. But I continue to watch these shows even though they scare me. I have to watch them during the day though. I don't like to watch them before bed. So Happy Halloween to all you ghost lovers! What do you guys think about this scary holiday?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I never was one for being scared. When I was younger I didn't like Halloween very much...I mean when I was real little I liked it because I got lots of candy, but then I went through a stage where I just hated being scared and I hated scary movies. Now that I'm older I think being scared is actually kinda fun, and I kinda like scary movies...weird, huh?

Anonymous said...

I have always liked Halloween because it is in the Fall. Fall is my very favorite time of year because it means that all the family parties and fun holidays are about to start. However, I don't like the scary part of Halloween. I love watching the cute little kids get dressed up and go trick-or-treating, but I don't care for the haunted houses and such. So, I'm a lot like you in that respect. :)

Michelle said...

I love those shows too but I won't watch horror movies (can't figure out why people like them) and I hate being scared in general. I think Halloween is only fun with kids...to me it's kindof wierd for adults to dress up but with kids it's adorable. I guess everyone needs the chance to be someone else for a day huh?

Casey said...

First of all I need to say that Cameron A.K.A. Kevin from "the office" is a wimp!
Anyways I agree with Michelle about adults who dress up, I think it is weird. Maybe it's because I'm not much of a Halloween person.

Lisa said...

It has taken me a long time to realize that watching scary movies just is not worth it. I usually like watching at first but late at night really regret that I watched it. I think this all started when Zack was gone during the middle of the night. I used to have to call him at the jail to calm me down because I was so scared.