
There has been an ongoing debate in Syracuse over which form of government is best, mayor-run the city or city council-run the city. I've tried to keep up to date on what's going on, only because I like to feel informed. Now that it's time to vote I need to decide which view I support. So while I've been discussing this with Casey I've come to a conclusion about my political views. While I may have certain views on how the world should run, I don't feel that I have power to change anything. I guess that's the whole basis of democracy. The people run the government. I should have more faith in the system. I will continue to vote. And I will always be glad to live in the best country on planet Earth. I love America and I agree with the basis of democracy. I just hope the people that actually run the government are good people who truly want to improve our country. I have to believe that the majority of people are basically good and decent individuals. This may in fact not be true, but as a struggling optimist I have to believe that it is. It's too scary to think otherwise. What are your views on politics?
No comments:
Post a Comment