Monday, December 17, 2007

Feliz Navidad!

You may have noticed that my last few post titles have been Christmas songs. As I was doing my last minute shopping today I started to think of all the Christmas songs that I really enjoy listening to and songs that I really don't like. So here's a few songs that I enjoy and reasons why I enjoy them.
  • "Feliz Navidad!"and "Mele Kalikimaka" These are just fun song and they definitely make me smile. When I was in sixth grade I was in a school singing group and "Feliz Navidad" is one of the songs we sang to the old folks when we visited them at Christmastime. Emma loves these songs too!
  • "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime..." I just remember my friend Carlee's family used to blast the song and everyone would dance to it. It's a great memory I have and I always remember it when I hear this song. Casey doesn't like it much though.
  • Mannheim Steamroller and The Beach Boys Christmas Albums. I grew up hearing these songs every year. I believe my dad had the "Beach Boys Christmas" on record, then tape, then CD. These songs bring back great memories.
  • "O Holy Night" I played this song on the piano and it's just so pretty. Some singer's versions annoy me though. It's a long song if you sing it too slowly. I don't like Celine Dion or Neil Diamond singing it.
  • Jon Schmidt Christmas music. My family started going to his concert four years ago. It's a great concert and he's an awesome piano player. I love going to the concert every year with my family. It definitely gets me in the Christmas spirit.
  • One song I really can't stand is "Mary did you know." Especially Kenny Rogers version. And I also don't like "Jingle Bell Rock."
  • Does anybody remember the version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" from Home Alone. It is such a funny version of the song. Me and Casey just laugh when we hear it.
This is just a few of the songs I could think of off the top of my head. If there are any songs you would like to add to my list or any songs you really don't like, let me know.

6 comments:

Casey said...

Well thanks a lot, now I have that stupid song "simply having a crappy Christmas time" stuck in my head and I still have 4 hours left of my shift. It's gonna annoy me all night long! I swear they sing the chorus like 50 billion times. My favorite are songs from the Trans Siberian orchestra (the rock and roll one) Well there you have it folks, and now Ash can be happy that I actually posted!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Casey,
It's a great song. Quit complaining about it. :) Just kidding. Kory doesn't really care for it either, but I have memories of dancing around the table to the song. LOL. I'm surprised you remember that Ashlee! :)

Ok, my least favorite Christmas song is "Christmas Shoes." Oh, and "Blue Christmas." Both of these songs are downers and drive me crazy when I hear them during the Christmas season.

Ashlee said...

Good additions to my list Carlee! I totally forgot about "Christmas Shoes." Just the other day I was telling my mom how much I don't like that song and she loves it. I don't want to feel bad when I hear a Christmas song....

Lisa said...

Christmas music totally sets up the mood for the season. I haven't found a radio station here that even play Christmas music. Sad... :( How about you post a video of you singing all of your favorite songs. It'll help me get in the Christmas mood...

Anonymous said...

I FORGOT WHY DONT YOU LIKE KENNY RODGERS I THINK THAT IS A GREAT SONG

Anonymous said...

ASH I AGREE ABOUT NEIL DIAMON I DO NOT LIKE ANY CHRISTMAS SONG THA HE SINGS NO OFFENSE BUT JEWISH PEOPLE S HOULD NOT SING CHRISTMAS SONGS
CASEY WITH ALL THE BEAUTIFUL SONGS AT CHRISTMAS TIME FIND A BETTER ONE SEE YOU CHRISTMAS DAY