One thing I am really bad at is giving gifts. I don't mean that I don't like the act of gift giving, I'm just really bad at thinking of gifts for people. I stress about it and I always worry that my gift is going to be dumb. I've started to feel the stress. Because I stress so much about what to buy people, I don't end up finishing my shopping until the day before Christmas. I am the ultimate last minute shopper. And I do confess...I haven't even started shopping yet. I know, there's not much time left before Christmas, so I'm going to start this weekend. I wish I was more creative and thoughtful. So if you have any ideas for parents/in-laws, please let me know. That would eliminate a lot of the stress I'm feeling right now...
I am a full-time mom of three kids. I have a seven year old music-loving girly girl, a five year old silly little boy who's always making us laugh, and a baby who has added lots of joy and love to our home. I'm married to a hard-working, sports-obsessed, family-loving guy. He's a great dad and he's always there for me whenever I need him. I'm on the verge of insanity most of the time, but I love my life and wouldn't want it any other way.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Tis the season...
One thing I am really bad at is giving gifts. I don't mean that I don't like the act of gift giving, I'm just really bad at thinking of gifts for people. I stress about it and I always worry that my gift is going to be dumb. I've started to feel the stress. Because I stress so much about what to buy people, I don't end up finishing my shopping until the day before Christmas. I am the ultimate last minute shopper. And I do confess...I haven't even started shopping yet. I know, there's not much time left before Christmas, so I'm going to start this weekend. I wish I was more creative and thoughtful. So if you have any ideas for parents/in-laws, please let me know. That would eliminate a lot of the stress I'm feeling right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow...we are very alike. This post may as well have been written by me. No ideas...sorry!
I guess I am the odd one out. I am already finished with my shopping. I get so excited that I can't seem to help myself. One idea that I had is a pass to ride the tram at Snow Basin, go to the lodge, and have lunch. That is what we are doing for my in-laws. You can get most of the information on Snow Basin's website.
That's a fun idea. Thanks for the help!
I am with Mandy on this one. I am all done shopping. Could have something to do with the fact that I am due around Christmas so I wanted to be prepared, but nonetheless. Get parents and in-laws photo calendars of your kids. You can make them at Kinkos and all parents/grandparents seem to love them. The candle breeze is also a great option for anyone. Go to candlebreeze.com. You can buy them at TaiPan or Bed Bath and Beyond. They are better than a candle warmer by far. Those are the only ideas in my head for now!
sorry, i'm like mandy also. my family draws names in july so that's my hint to start shopping. i was finished before thanksgiving. if i didn't have a 2 year old they would all be wrapped and under the tree.
Post a Comment