- Eye Stye: I don't get these very often but when I do they are such a pain. For something so small they hurt like a bugger. Interesting info. I found:
Eye Styes are caused by staphylococcal bacteria which infects the small glands situated on the base of eyelid hairs which soon becomes inflammed.
1) infection
2) weakness of the immune system
3) debilitating illnesses or Rubbing the eyes, which irritates the oil glands. Bacteria that are present on your hand may cause the infection.
4) Using mascara, eyeliner or other eye products can irritate it
Symptoms of Eye Stye
- Red, swollen bump
- Tearing of your eye, tenderness in the area of swelling
- A gritty, scratchy sensation as if there is a foreign body
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye pain
- Discomfort when blinking
- Last but NOT least....the dreaded CANKER SORE (dun dun dun): Seriously these are the worst things ever. If you've never experienced one, count yourself lucky. I've been plagued by them since a very young age. I guess it runs in the family. I have yet to find something that really works to get rid of them. I've stopped using the oragel/base because it just irritates them and makes them last longer. Even though it numbs them for a little while, it's not worth it in the long run. So if anyone knows how to get rid of these, please let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment