
There is one hair trend I've never understood. I don't get how it was ever popular. The mullet is a cultural phenomenon. When I was in High School my friend introduced me to mullet hunting. There was a whole web site dedicated to it. We decided it might be fun to try. So we took our camera to Wal-mart and went mullet hunting. It didn't take long before we spotted one. We got in position and snapped a photo. I don't know that I ever saw the picture but we thought it was fun. Still to this day, I'm in shock whenever I see one. I love Survivor and last season there was a school cafeteria lady on the show that had one. She explained at the Finale that she was supposed to have a short haircut because of her job. But she still wanted to maintain her femininity. Ummm...she was anything but feminine. So when my aunt accused my son of having a mullet, I was shocked. Needless to say it didn't take me long to cut his hair. So here are a few before and after shots. It was hard to cut his hair but I think it looks alright. Having a boy makes me wish I knew what I was doing.

Before the haircut

Is it really a mullet?

After the haircut. He would not hold still.


What a sweet baby face! I just love this kid so much.
3 comments:
Maggie was born with a mullet...a femullet if you will. Anyway, at 3 months old, we finally chopped it off. I couldn't handle having a daughter with a mullet. Her hairline is so crooked now because it's pretty much impossible to get a 3 month old to hold still, but it's better than the mullet. I think Cole's haircut looks really nice. You did a good job.
I remember mullet hunting at the Wal-Mart. What better place to do it? If I remember right, more employees had mullets than customers...Sad.
It seems like many lunch ladies at my elementary school had mullets. You did a great job cutting Cole's hair. It's SO difficult when they won't hold still. I'm not very talented with the scissors. Jarom doesn't even trust me to help cut his hair and he holds still! Jimmy's terrified of hair cuts now so he's sporting the shaggy look for now!
He is so cute! I love the haircut.
Post a Comment