Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Child's Prayer


Emma has begun saying her own prayers each night. At first I didn't know that she would have much to say...turns out she has plenty to say. Me and Casey have a really hard time not laughing. She comes up with the funniest things. I can't remember all the things she says but here are a few... "Bless me to be baptized; bless us not say rude or brat or...(other words we shouldn't say); thankful for Santa Claus (where did that come from?); thankful I could go to tumbling; thankful for our bodies." The prayer is pretty specific. It's funny because she'll start to end her prayer and then she'll think of more things to say. This can go on for awhile. She loves to go to Primary. Sometimes I peek in and see her dancing at the front of the room when they're singing. She's getting better at sitting still the whole time. It's fun to see that she's learning and growing. I can't wait for all the fun times ahead of us. She has a strong personality. I guess that's another trait she inherited from....who would that be? I think that would have to be both of us.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Little kids' prayers are the sweetest and cutest! I love Jimmy's prayers. He just repeats what we say but it's still so cute. Last night his version of "Joseph Smith" was about two sentences of babble! Jarom and I both had to hold our breath so we wouldn't start laughing!

Anonymous said...

I loved hearing about Emma's prayers. She is such a wonderful granddaughter. I just love my grandkids so much. I really laughed at the pictures of Cole.
Keep sharing these stories.
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness i laughed so hard when i read all this! that is so fetchin cute ash ha ha i can't handle it. that is so cute of her. i loved going to your house today it was so fun! i wish i could more. love you!
love aubrey

Missy said...

I'm glad to see her priorities are straight and she is thankful for tumbling. I love that little girl.