Monday, March 3, 2008

The Life of a Parent **Caution: a bit disgusting**

Here's the situation. It's Sunday night. We had just gotten home from Casey's sister's house. Cole had been acting a little sick all day. He didn't want to eat and he had thrown up his morning bottle. I fed him some dinner, but not much. So we got home around 8:45. I was tired, Sunday's can be a bit exhausting, and Cole was very tired. I wanted to get his pajamas on fast so I could get him to bed as quickly as possible. There was only one pair of clean pajamas and I was grateful about that...I really need to do laundry. I was changing his diaper when he got a funny look on his face. I just knew he was going to blow. "Casey bring me a towel," I yelled. Not two seconds after I said this his dinner was all over the floor, and all over his clean pajamas. So I put him in the bath. I told Emma she could get in too. Next thing I know she's yelling that she peed on the floor. What?! She hardly ever has accidents, plus I had just taken her to the bathroom at his sister's. So Casey's cleaning up puke while I'm cleaning up pee. Then I have to bath the kids and get them dressed in their pajamas...wait, Cole just puked on his pajamas and the rest are in the washer. So Cole ended up wearing comfy clothes to bed. All I can say is thank goodness Casey was around. It really helps to have another pair of hands in these situations. We were able to get Cole to bed at 9:15 and Emma to bed at 9:30. What a crazy night. But that's life when you're the parent of two small children.

4 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Man, that's rough. I'm definitely not looking forward to the throw-up episodes to come. That is the one thing I just can't handle. Is it different cleaning it up when it's your own children's or is it still disgusting and gag-worthy?

Ashlee said...

Cole's throw up is still baby-like which isn't bad. I can handle baby puke. Emma has only thrown up a few times and it's pretty bad. I have a bad gag reflex so Casey cleans it up if he's home. I think I'm getting better at it though.

Anonymous said...

HOPE COLE IS FEELING BETTER
ISNT BEING A MOM WONDERFUL
WHERE COULD YOU LEARN MORE IF YOU ARE COMING TO CKEAN TODAY 03-03 I AM LEAVING EARLY THINGS GOING ON TONITE SO TALK TO YOU LATER GLAD THAT YOU CAN SEE HOW GOOD HOUSE AND LOST ARE BEST SHOWS ON LOVE YA GLAMA D

Becky said...

Been there! So, how are YOU? Gotta love being a parent! Good thing, just one smile can turn all that around, huh?