Monday, June 9, 2008

One man's trash...

...is another man's treasure?? So we had a neighborhood Yard Sale on Saturday. I didn't think we had anything we needed to get rid of since Casey likes to throw everything away, even good stuff (I tend to save everything, but I'm getting better.) I looked through our closets and basement and found a few things I thought we might be able to sale. I also remembered that Casey's mom had given us a grill that had belonged to his Aunt Marian. It had to be 40 years old, with 40 years of food stuck to it. We took what we had over to our neighbor's yard bright and early and waited to see if we could make any money. We priced the grill at $15 thinking the propane tank had to be worth something. After about an hour a couple offered me $10 for the grill. I was just happy to be rid of it so I said yes. They were very nice people and so excited. When they opened it up to look at it I gagged a bit, it was so gross. But they assured me they didn't mind. They were pumped that it was on wheels and you could move it around easily. It made me happy that they were so excited about it. We ended up making $90 and getting rid of most of the stuff. It was a long morning and not very good weather, but who knew it would also be kind of fun?

2 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Oh, my family has a big ol' yard sale once a year it seems. I have finally come to the conclusion that if you put it out, people will buy it. It always amazes me how many people show up and feel like they just have to buy something...anything! They will look around and finally decide to buy some random junky object, just so they don't leave without anything. It's the weirdest thing to me.

Stacey said...

Nice. It's such a good feeling to get rid of stuff you don't want or need.