Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh how I love tradition.

So I hope you sensed the sarcasm in the title. I normally love tradition in any way, shape, or form....but Casey has one tradition he insists on that I just don't love. On the 3rd of July we drive all the way up to Logan to watch the fireworks. His family started the tradition years ago, but a few of his siblings have since stopped going. It's just a lot of work. And it's really hot, and you have to wait forever, and I have a one year old who can't sit still....sound like fun? Needless to say I had a hard time getting excited. But thanks to the help of my awesome family (Ty, Aubrey, and mom) it was surprisingly fun. The kids did great. The fireworks were pretty good. And we actually got out of Logan in 10 minutes (it usually takes much, much longer...another reason I have a hard time going up there.)

Isn't that cute! Cole loved dancing to the music.

One of my BIG helpers, my little brother Ty.

Fun fact: I was thrown up on by both of my children in one day. Cole at dinner (big gag reflex+ big french fry=carrots and fries all over me and the table) and Emma right before the fireworks (glowey bracelet thing+ biting= yucky taste in both and snowee all over clothes) The life of a mom, right?

And just because I love this picture...

Cole thought it was so fun being "locked up." Now if I could find a pair that fit better....

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Even though it ususally means a ton of work, I believe that traditions are the glue that holds a family together. I am still close to many of my cousins and secound cousins because of our silly "traditions" that we continue to support every year. It will all be worth it someday! You are such a great Mom!

Becky said...

Wow, what a long day! The joys of being a mom, huh? whenever something like that happens, I say to myself: Someday you'll look back and laugh...someday.

Amy B. said...

I sometimes feel like the hardest days are some of the most memorable...I mean, like your day, you guys ended up having a great time and your kids will remember that day because you endured it for them!!!

Jenn's Notes said...

Looks like your family had a blast this past holiday weekend. I need a favor. Have you heard of Usbourne Books? I have decided to become one of their independent consultants and I am needing people to host a party. Right now the hostess incentive is if their party reaches at least $250 in sales the hostess gets double books for free. $80 instead of $40 and up. The more sales the higher the free book amount. Will you let me know if you are interested in hostessing one for me? email me at readbooksandblossom@yahoo.com
thanks jenn

Anonymous said...

Ashlee i love being in your blog i feel so special Thanx