What an odd name for a cookie. I found this recipe recently when we were cleaning out our basement. We had a little water damage so we were forced to go through some old boxes. When I got married, while still on my honeymoon, my mom boxed my room up and put all my stuff in the storage room of their house. You see, I'm the oldest of eight kids. The joke is that my parents couldn't wait to get rid of me so they could have my room. When I came home from my honeymoon, my room was gone...kind of sad, but I understood the situation. So I finally went through these boxes that we've had in our basement for awhile. I looked through them when I took them from my parents house to my own home, but at the time I was still in the "save everything" mode. Being married to Casey for almost seven years has changed me. So I found this recipe written in what looks like 10 year old hand writing. I don't remember, but this recipe must have meant something to me. Today I was bored and looking for an easy recipe when I remembered I had this one. After borrowing half a teaspoon cream of tarter, I was able to complete this 8 item recipe. They taste great...I think I ate 5 already, bring on the guilt. Enjoy!Cream together:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
In separate bowl combine:
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Add dry to wet ingredients. Shape into balls. In separate bowl, mix together 3 Tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons. Roll balls in cinammon/sugar to coat. Bake at 425 degrees for 7-7 1/2 minutes. The recipe says 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes. However, I like mine soft. The last batch was perfect and I only cooked them for 7 minutes. Oh yeah, and I should have followed these instructions better...remove immediately from cookie sheet!
3 comments:
Yes, I love Snickerdoodles! Anyway, I used to be a pack rat also. Now I'm not. I try not to make "things" hold memories for me. Pictures, yes. Things, no. Thanks for that lovely picture of fry sauce. Now I want it like no other and it's Sunday and I can't go to Crown Burger or Arctic Circle. :(
Chris' favorite cookie!!!
They were so good. You are a great baker. I'll take more of those anytime.
Post a Comment