Sunday, February 22, 2009

I wish I had a bigger stomach

Last Friday me and Casey had the opportunity to attend the Salt Lake Temple with my parents and my brother, Cameron. I had never been to a session in the Salt Lake Temple so I was pretty excited. It was amazing! The inside of that temple is truly remarkable. I was married there, but to see all the different rooms was so neat. It's hard to comprehend the time and effort that went into creating such a magnificent building.

After the temple my dad took us all to eat at "The Roof." Can I just say, wow! I have been dying to go there for so long and I was so excited to finally see what all the talk was about. I thought I may never get a chance so I was grateful that my dad was able to spoil us for one evening. Love you Dad! Since it's a bit pricey, we all felt the need to eat as much as possible. I was hoping to try all of the desserts, and I came close, but I was just too full. It was really yummy food and a great view of the temple. My favorite dinner items were: the Lion House rolls, the chicken cordon bleu, the clam chowder, and the mashed potatoes. My favorite desserts were: the mint chocolate cake, the white chocolate mousse cake, and the red velvet cake, pretty much all the cakes! I wish I had my camera to take pictures of the food.

It was a great day. Thanks again dad, you're the best! And thanks to all my brothers and sister who watched my kids. You'll never know how grateful I am for all you do.

4 comments:

Forbes Clan of Six said...

I love the Salt Lake Temple. It takes a little longer but it is so beautiful. I am glad you enjoyed the roof. We go there once in a while for work. I love it.

Nicholai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob and Jill said...

YUM! It's making me hungry just reading about it. I'm glad you had a great time.
Congrats to your brother. The Salt Lake Temple is AMAZING!

Mandy said...

That sounds awesome. How nice of your Dad!