Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Farewell mi hermano!

My brother Cameron reported to the MTC on March 4th. He will be serving in the Mexico Veracruz mission. Here are a few pictures of the day.



For those of you who have been to the MTC, you'll understand the mixed emotions. You are sad to say good bye but you're happy they chose to serve the Lord. The spirit at the MTC is so neat. The video they show is very touching, it's a tear jerker. Then you watch them walk away and you're in a bit of shock that they're really leaving for two years. But I knew that Cam was so excited and ready to serve. That made it a little bit easier for me to say goodbye. My kids are only barely realizing that he really is gone. They adore Cameron and will miss him a lot.

Things I love about Cam:
  • He was an avid follower and a pretty regular comment-er on my blog.
  • He loved to play with my kids for long periods of time, he didn't seem to get bored around them. He truly adored Emma and Cole.
  • He has a strong testimony. He is a spiritual giant and a great example to me.
  • He has a quirky, clever sense of humor. You should read some of his "calendar-comics" as we call them. They're hilarious.
  • He is always willing to help anybody, anytime.
  • He was very willing to let me and my siblings borrow whatever we wanted while he was gone (I got his iHome and some books.)
Love you Cam! You will be an awesome missionary and touch many lives.

3 comments:

Colette said...

I love to see the pictures of that day....Cam will be missed but he will be a great missonarie. You are a great sister !!!!

Anonymous said...

DITTO TO EVERYTHING YOU SAID ASH CAM IS ONE OF THOSE SPECIAL PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD WITHOUT EVEN TRYING FOR SOME OF US IT IS REALLY HARD WORK I KNOW WHEREOF I SPEAK LOVE YA CAM GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

what?!! so thats where his iHOME went!!