Day 1:
Dole Plantation: Did you know pineapples grow from a plant? This is a pink variety.
Pineapple cheesecake and Dole whip ice cream with strawberry topping, yum!
I did a lot of research about where the best places for authentic Hawaiian food was. Romy's Shrimp and Prawn got great reviews. We ordered the prawn. It was good but I don't like seeing what my food looked like right before it died.
Temple in La'ie.

Sea turtles on the North Shore. There were a total of five on the beach.
Also getting tons of rave reviews was Matsumoto's Shave Ice. Loved it! The ice cream in the bottom was so good. Thought it might be just like Kurt's or Pace's...not even close.
Waikiki beach at sunset.
Can you believe we did all this on the first day?
7 comments:
Sometime I wanna live there...I love the culture and the people...dreams...
Wow, it looks amazing! I could go for some of that shaved ice right now. Yum!
I love Hawaii and can't wait to go there with Jeff some day. It looks like you had a great time, and Ash, you look fantastic!
You look fabulouse Ash!!! I've never been to Hawaii and hope to go someday!! It looks like such a gorgeous relaxing trip!
Wow, you did get a lot done on the first day. Wasn't it just so pretty? Did you get beans in your Matsumoto's shaved ice? I did and they weren't bad at all. YUM!
Sounds and looks like fun! I'm glad you had a good trip.
I need to go to Hawaii!!!
Post a Comment