Man, they're a lot of work! We decided to do a swim party, piece of cake, so I thought. I was worried about the weather since it had been cold the week before. No need to worry...it was so dang hot!! I'm not kidding, 100 degrees! We had two little pools and a big blow-up jumper (Casey's mom's.) There was plenty to do but I think the kid's were over-heating after awhile. The water in the pools was so warm that it wasn't even refreshing! I even donned my suit since I was dripping after 10 minutes. Emma's friends are all so cute and we had a fun time but I think we will take next year off. I need a break...
So I know you are all on the edge of your seats, waiting for the big cake reveal. Introducing, the "Rainbow Cake!"


It's nothing fancy but it was fun to eat! It was a little tricky to make, not too bad though. The first one I made turned out better (still mad no pictures!) But you get the idea. I just googled "Rainbow cake" images and found recipes all over for it. It's actually called "diet cake" but I used a normal cake mix and frosting.
Here are the party friends!

I'm sad it's over, I love any occasion to party and get together with my fam! Until next year...
5 comments:
Yeah - my kids are hosed. LOL. Anna is the first child and I haven't thrown a party remotely close to that. Maybe since her birthday is in December so it is already crazy? Nah. You are just a nicer mom.
Emma's first party was her 4th Birthday. I wouldn't do it any ealier than that.
What...No part 4 to Emma's birthday!?! Cute cute Emma and that cake looks so fun!
So, so cute! Sarah had a blast. The video made me laugh. I love the cake. Someday I'll have to try that. I'm holding out til the 6th birthday for a party- I'm such party pooper.
that cake looks awesome! will you make me one for my birthday next year??? Yummmm.....or just send me the recipe. ;)
Post a Comment