
I love to bake. I don't know when it started. If I could I would bake every single day. If not for the weight I would gain from baking that much, I would.
For some months now, I've wanted to learn to bake cinnamon rolls. I find recipes, I bookmark them, I think about them, the whole baking process intrigues me. I really want to find the perfect cinnamon roll recipe. And now I think I found the perfect recipe. And here's the sad truth, I lack the equipment (dough hooks) to make them. I've heard you can do it by hand but I'm positive I would mess it up.
So here's the deal, I am in need of a fairly cheap mixer that comes with dough hooks. Where can I find one? I would also like to make breads and rolls, but have yet to bake any.
The lack of baked goods is starting to get depressing. While yeast has always terrified me, I'm willing to overcome my fears and become a true baker. Some months ago I even purchased some yeast. Sadly it sits, waiting to be used...
6 comments:
You should have posted this like a week ago. My sister just got a new kitchen aid and was giving away her old one, but she couldn't find anyone who dind't have one, so she DI'd it!!!!! Well, good luck on your hunt and your quest to better baking :)
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, I love kitchen gadgets. I love my Kitchenaid so I'd recommend one of those but they are a bit pricey. If you want, come on up and we'll make cinnamon rolls together! :)
Ashlee,
When we were first married, Kory bought me a Bosch Kitchen Machine because I didn't want to pay the high price of a KitchenAid, but I wanted something that did basically the same things, which the Bosch did. It worked great for most things (cake mixes, cookies, etc), but when I started making bread products recently, I realized that it was very limited. Basically it just wasn't strong enough to do anything with wheat, like whole wheat bread. The dough hook wasn't thick enough and the motor smoked when I was trying to make wheat bread one day. Anyway, for Mother's Day, Kory got me a KitchenAid and I love it. It's super powerful and sturdy. So, I would recommend spending a little more and getting one that will last and do the things you want to do rather than settling for something cheaper that claims to do the same thing. I got mine at Costco. Its' the Professional one, so it's pretty beefy, but in the end, after rebates and Costco coupons, it cost about $200, which is really only about $80 more than the Bosch I got originally...and totally worth the extra cost.
Anyway, you should come over to my house and we can make cinnamon rolls and you can check it out!!
If it's dough and bread you want to be making, I would suggest getting a bread maker. I use my Kitchenaid a lot less since getting mine. Also, many hand mixers come with dough hook attachments. Good Luck!
Cinnamon rolls?! No, no, no. It's all about the brownie. Simple, for the most part, yet so utterly effective. Like Heaven in your mouth.
oh Ashley... I ALWAYS bake rolls and just starded doing more cinnamon rolls out if the rest of the roll dough..... I actually have a few recipes that I like. When you get a mixer ( I have a kitchen aid ) save your $$$$$$ and get you one but make sure to get a 6quart it is a little more but if you are wanting to make bread dough that is the way to go. Let me know if you ever want to come over and i can show you how to make some yummy rolls..... and DON'T let the yeast scare you :)
Post a Comment