Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving


We had a good Turkey day. We went to my aunt's house for dinner. The food was really good. Since my brother and cousin are on missions, my aunt planned a surprise for the family. They kept saying that Brennen and Austin were coming to dinner. Obviously that wasn't going to happen. So instead of them actually coming, they had invited the missionary's to dinner. After we ate with my family we visited Casey's family. Overall, it was nice to spend the day with family. As I reflect on the holiday, I want to list a few of the things I am thankful for:
  • My husband and children. Casey is a great dad. He's always willing to help when I need him and I'm grateful for his patience with me and my shortcomings. Emma and Cole are so much fun and I love them so much.
  • I am grateful to live in this country. I just finished a book about Afghanistan, ("A Thousand Splendid Suns.) The women there are treated like slaves. We have so much freedom in this country.
  • I love the gospel. I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have a testimony and I know the church is true. The knowledge that family's are forever is a blessing in my life.
I have so much to be thankful for. I'm glad we have Thanksgiving to remind us of our blessings. Too often I forget how much I have to be grateful for. So take a minute right now to think about what you're grateful for. And happy shopping!!

No comments: