...Jaime from the Olive Garden in Layton! Wow, what a waitress. As I sit her eating my leftovers from last night I feel that I must let you all know about the amazing waitress we had. Last night we decided, spur of the moment, that Olive Garden sounded really good. It was almost 6:00 so we knew there would be a wait. We hate waiting, we usually go really early, but it sounded so good that we decided to just go for it. So we packed the kids in the car and hurried to the restaurant. We waited about 40 minutes, which seems a lot longer with a 2 small children. As we waited we heard from two different groups we knew that the food took forever and they were having credit card machine problems. So I was rather worried as we took our seats at the table. Boy did we hit the jackpot. We hadn't been seated for longer than a minute when our waitress, Jaime, came over with water's for all, and bread sticks, hot out of the oven. We knew what we wanted so we immediately ordered. She then brought us our salad. She also included a plate of croutons and olives, and another plate with extra cheese. This was for Emma she stated since she knew kids loved all of these things. Our food was brought out in a timely manner. She then offered some fresh fruit for Cole to munch on. By this point she could tell the kids were very restless so she was quick to offer boxes and our check. This is not the end of the story people. Me and Casey love leftover's. So we were more than happy to see her bring out a box of salad, croutons, and dressing; a bag of extra bread sticks; and over 15 mints and extra packets of grated cheese for our leftovers. Walking out of there I felt like I had just hit the jackpot. Needless to say she earned her tip and then some. We generously gave her 20%...since we usually tip 15% (see previous post on tipping.) We aren't rolling in the dough or I would have given her more. She was probably the best waitress I've ever had. Why aren't more waiters/waitresses like her? I'm sure she gets awesome tips. I only wish there were more like her out there. Because I believe she did such an awesome job, I'm willing to forgo my previous opinion on tipping and give more generously. My leftovers were amazing and next time we eat there I will for sure ask for her, as should you if you are ever there. Congratulations on your award Jaime...you definitely deserve it!!
I am a full-time mom of three kids. I have a seven year old music-loving girly girl, a five year old silly little boy who's always making us laugh, and a baby who has added lots of joy and love to our home. I'm married to a hard-working, sports-obsessed, family-loving guy. He's a great dad and he's always there for me whenever I need him. I'm on the verge of insanity most of the time, but I love my life and wouldn't want it any other way.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
And the waitress of the year award goes to...
...Jaime from the Olive Garden in Layton! Wow, what a waitress. As I sit her eating my leftovers from last night I feel that I must let you all know about the amazing waitress we had. Last night we decided, spur of the moment, that Olive Garden sounded really good. It was almost 6:00 so we knew there would be a wait. We hate waiting, we usually go really early, but it sounded so good that we decided to just go for it. So we packed the kids in the car and hurried to the restaurant. We waited about 40 minutes, which seems a lot longer with a 2 small children. As we waited we heard from two different groups we knew that the food took forever and they were having credit card machine problems. So I was rather worried as we took our seats at the table. Boy did we hit the jackpot. We hadn't been seated for longer than a minute when our waitress, Jaime, came over with water's for all, and bread sticks, hot out of the oven. We knew what we wanted so we immediately ordered. She then brought us our salad. She also included a plate of croutons and olives, and another plate with extra cheese. This was for Emma she stated since she knew kids loved all of these things. Our food was brought out in a timely manner. She then offered some fresh fruit for Cole to munch on. By this point she could tell the kids were very restless so she was quick to offer boxes and our check. This is not the end of the story people. Me and Casey love leftover's. So we were more than happy to see her bring out a box of salad, croutons, and dressing; a bag of extra bread sticks; and over 15 mints and extra packets of grated cheese for our leftovers. Walking out of there I felt like I had just hit the jackpot. Needless to say she earned her tip and then some. We generously gave her 20%...since we usually tip 15% (see previous post on tipping.) We aren't rolling in the dough or I would have given her more. She was probably the best waitress I've ever had. Why aren't more waiters/waitresses like her? I'm sure she gets awesome tips. I only wish there were more like her out there. Because I believe she did such an awesome job, I'm willing to forgo my previous opinion on tipping and give more generously. My leftovers were amazing and next time we eat there I will for sure ask for her, as should you if you are ever there. Congratulations on your award Jaime...you definitely deserve it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, I've never had a waitress like Jamie. I would really like her!!! Can you ask for specific waitresses???
I don't know but I sure hope you can. At that same Olive Garden we once got free cheesecake because Casey told the waitress I was being induced the next day (with Cole.) Once in awhile good things do happen to us...not very often though.
Isn't it nice to get some amazing service once in a while?! Last night we were at Macaroni Grill and I was watching the "behind the scenes" part in a restaurant. It would be a REALLY hard job to be a server in a place like that so I really love when people go the extra mile to take care of their customers.
And Ashlee...good things happen all the time! We just all need to remember to look for them (myself included)
Good point...I need to remember that. It just seems like other people are a lot luckier than me. Maybe people think that about me though...
I can't remember having such a good experience at a restaurant. Although if you made it into the Layton Olive Garden in '99' you were probably seated by the hostess with the mostess! That would have been me.
Post a Comment