Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Black Sunday

My husband has a passion. I've been told that it's good that he's passionate about something. I try to see this point of view but sometimes it's hard. To me he's just plain crazy at times. He is very passionate about the Dallas Cowboys. When I first started dating him he said when he got married his bedroom would be all Cowboys decor...complete with a Dallas Cowboy star on the floor. At that point I was sure I could never marry him. After his mission he had chilled out a bit so I decided I could handle it. As the Cowboys have improved over the years, his obsession has also grown. Casey was positive they were going to the Superbowl this year. Sadly it was not to be. Sunday night they lost a heartbreaking game to the NY Giants. Casey was pretty devastated. He continued to torture himself all night by watching the ESPN recap. Needless to say, it was not a good night. But he is recovering and is hopeful next year will go better. So here are some pictures of his passion. What do you think? Is it just me or is his passion a little out of control?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey. You'll love this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLMHMhkdy2Q

GO COWPOKES!!!!

Carlee Hoopes said...

LOL! Ash, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was THIS bad! LOL! I think he may need some counseling.

So, our neighbor asked Kory what his team was and Kory said he didn't have one. He told Kory that his team was now the Cowboys. So, Kory's actually sort of been interested this year since he was told he had a team and he rooted for the Cowboys. I don't think he could ever get that into it though. That is so funny!

Kory's passions are kind of boring, like tech stuff and programming and such. At least Casey's passion is somewhat normal. :)

Casey said...

Well I thought I would post and let everybody know that I finally went outside of the house today..... needless to say I have been going through some MAJOR withdrawals! I thought that with all my decorations out in our yard it would help them win. I had a total of six items out there. My most favorite was the queen size bed sheet that I spray painted a huge star on and hung it on the side of our house. I also had a garden flag in our front flower bed, a regular flag hanging from our flag pole by the garage, my six foot tall inflatable Cowboys field goal post, a Cowboys helmet made out of snow and another sign in the snow declaring our championship. I guess I'll just have to have more for next year to help them win......

In a week or two Cole and I are gonna go get our pictures taken in our Tony Romo jersey's, I'm way excited for this.

One of my favorite movies is "Fever Pitch" and it is about a crazy RedSox fan. My favorite quote is when he says "it's a passion, I mean it's a very, very big part of my life. Sometimes I like to be eleven years old. I like being apart of something that is bigger then me, then I, it's good for your soul to invest in something you can't control."

If anybody wants to see a great show this is it. Make sure you think of me and the Cowboys while watching it. Here's to next years champions!

Carlee Hoopes said...

LOL - Ash, I'm going to go get my phone book right now to start calling some therapists for Casey. I think it's important we get him some help ASAP. I'll let you know what I find out. :)

Lisa said...

I'm sorry my husband is not very considerate of your depression... Although I have to tell you that right now Zack is thinking he wants to end up in Texas. You guys will have to come visit and we can all go to a game.