Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I love to read

I love to read. It is definitely one of my passions. Because I think it's so important to love reading, I want to make sure my kids like it too. I don't remember when reading became a hobby for me. I know it started at a young age. In Junior High I read the entire "Work and the Glory" series. Name an LDS series, I've probably read it. So when I heard about this "Tag" I decided to try it out. The book I'm currently reading is, "The Topaz" by Jennie Hansen. It's the third book in the series and it's pretty good so far (I'm on page 135.) I thought this was actually a pretty good line so here goes...

The Tag Rules:

1. Grab your nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag 10 different people.

"I was in a hurry to get back to the telegraph office. I started down the steps, then I heard something rustling in the bushes. I turned my head to look and someone hit me."

So there it is. I don't want to Tag anyone but I do have a question for anyone reading this post. For those of you who love to read, what factors contributed to your love of reading? And also the opposite, if you don't like reading, tell me why.

3 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I have never loved to read for some reason. I feel really guilty about it and believe me, I try to like it. But, I find other things to do and put off reading. I start plenty of books, but I just get bored and stop reading them or just skip to the end and call it good. It's sad, I know. I do love to read blogs and such though, so I guess I don't hate to read altogether, just books. :)

Lisa said...

I like to read as long as it is a book that I find interesting. I've joined a book club here in Iowa. I love it. I forces me to read at least one book a month. We read two of the Twilight series. I loved those books! Have you read them? This month we read Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. I didn't love it, but I have heard of a lot of people that did love it so maybe I am just not as literary. I don't know you should read it and tell me what you think. Oh and just so you know I would give about anything to be living across the street from you still. I miss my house and previous life...

Ashlee said...

Thanks for the comments guys! I have read the Twilight series and I definitely liked them. The third book's my favorite. I don't like the "Classics." They are too wordy for me. I wish you were living by me too. Our kids would be great friends!