Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crawling through Wal-mart

I rarely take my kids out shopping by myself. Since I became a mom of two kids, it's a lot harder to take them anywhere. Just getting in and out of the car is a pain. However, I had a moment of weakness on Saturday and decided to take them with me to Wal-mart. As we were walking through the store I saw that something was going on in the baby section. I heard crawling contest and decided to find out more. They had a blanket-type floor covering set up for the babies. Now I know that Cole is fast so I immediately thought he had a pretty good chance of winning. So I signed him up. By the time they started a crowd had gathered. I sat Cole on the starting line and as soon as they said "Go," I called to him. Needless to say he won by a landslide. The other babies didn't even move. I even set Cole on the start again to see if the other babies would follow his example. Nope, they just sat there. He crawled all over the place. He was so excited to get out of the shopping cart. It was pretty funny to watch him. He's such a fun little boy. He's so active and in to everything. I just laugh at the things he figures out. The prize for winning the contest was a $25 gift card. This time I was in the right place at the right time and my little guy was the winner!

6 comments:

10zfam said...

lol, that's funny. i wish the'd do something like that for 2 year olds that run from their moms.lol

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

That is so fun! Always good to put your children's talents to use. Sounds like he is going to be an active child.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY TOOK TIME TO READ YOUR BLOG CONGRATULATIONS TO COLE HE IS A WINNER THE KITCHEN LOOKS GREAT BUT I8 CANT TELL WHAT COLOR YOU PAINTED
TELL ME SUNDAY OR WHATEVER
LOOK FORWARD TO EASTER JUST HOPE THAT WE HAVE SOME BARE GROUND TO HIDE THE EGGS OK I THINK I AM CAUGHT UP ON COMMENTS BESIDES I HAVE TO GO PLAY AT THE HOSPITAL LOVE YA GLAM D

Anonymous said...

BOO YA KOLIPOKI!!!! I always knew that kid was meant for glory. And I've seen him crawl. He's a bullet! Yeah that's cool, we should see if there are any national contests. Maybe we could make a little money off this...

Lisa said...

$25 bucks to Walmart, that is awesome. You should have packed him up and went to all the local Walmarts to see if you could score some more gift cards.

Ashlee said...

Grandma, I'm sorry that the quality of the computer you read my blog on is so poor. I've been on that computer at Decker's and the color 's are all screwed up. I painted the kitchen a dark brown and the family room a tan. You'll have to come see it. I'm having a get together for Cole's birthday.