Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mommy-Daughter Date

Me and Emma went to "Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes" last Saturday. Emma had been talking about it or awhile so she was pretty excited that it was finally here. I don't think she knew what to expect. She wore her blue Cinderella dress, even though it was raining. It was fun to see all the other little girls dressed up too. They kept pointing to each other and naming who they were dressed as. We had barely sat down when the show started. Emma was so excited. It was definitely one of those "I love being a parent" moments. I admit, I got a tiny bit emotional. It's fun to see your kids so happy. The only bad part of the night was that Cinderella was last. Emma kept asking me when she was coming. But she still loved it. I love the Disney songs and found myself singing along. I'm glad I was able to take Emma and spend some one-on-one time with her. It's definitely something we should do more often.

4 comments:

Jenn's Notes said...

We went too. When did you go. What time. Leave me a comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

ah that sounded like so much fun :) thats tender. maybe i will have kids... ha ha there are actually some good times ha ha jk of course i'll be a mommy. keep up the good work sis. your an awesome mom. love aub

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

That is a sweet story! Isn't it funny how seing our kids happy can be emotional? Add it to the emotional list, I say!! And Cole is so cute, I haven't seen him since you guys came down to st. George last spring. It's been too long- when are you coming down again? We'd love to see you guys soon. Thanks for the good idea to have a mommy-daughter date. Emmary would love that I bet!

Stacey said...

I love those moments! I'm glad you had so much fun with Emma. Thanks again for coming over the other night. It was very entertaining listening to you and Carlee. Let's do something again soon!