Saturday, April 12, 2008

Demotivators

Before I had Emma I started working for my dad. My brother Jake was leaving on his mission and I was taking over his job. We ended up working together for a few months before he left. I soon became aware of a tradition him and a few others had every month. Jake had a Demotivator calendar in his office. At the first of the month they all got together to change the calendar and read the next demotivator. After Jake left we continued the tradition. I must admit I find this sense of humor hilarious. My brother Cameron now works for my dad and he has them as his desktop background. I guess this sense of humor runs in the family. This is the one he has on the computer right now. I laughed out loud when I read it. What do you think about this kind of humor? Funny or not so much?

8 comments:

Becky said...

I've seen that website before- I think it is hilarious!

Casey said...

-Dumb- Sorry babe but I would rather have Tony Romo and the Cowboys for my screen saver then a thought or joke! But that's just ur crazy husband...... love ya

Michelle said...

ha! That's great. I have to admit that sometimes I do like the quotes on those posters but I think I'm leaning toward the demotivator poster now. I've never seen those before, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! You actually mention me! Thanks Ash. I have to say, I do love those Demotivators. I think they motivate me more than regular motivators.

10zfam said...

i think these are hilarious. my husband always sends them to me. i too laugh out loud. love it

Missy said...

Really funny. I've often wondered how those posters are supposed to provide you with the words listed on them.

Lisa said...

I think it's pretty funny. What is the website?

Ashlee said...

If you click on the blue word "Demotivators" on my post it will take you to a list of all of them. The website is despair.com