Friday, May 2, 2008

A Johnson Family Adventure

Casey's family decided it would be fun if we all rode the Frontrunner to Salt Lake for dinner on Wednesday. I had been worried about it all day long because the weather was bad and I had heard it was pretty crowded. But I knew Emma would love it so I decided we should just do it. We met Casey's sister at 5:10 in Clearfield. The train was running late so we had to wait in the cold for 30 minutes.

Waiting for the train in Clearfield.
Huddled like penguins trying to stay warm. Me and Casey's sister Carrie were standing by them trying to block the wind...Ever see "March of the Penguins?"
Two happy girls on the train.
It was pretty crowded when we got on. We were just happy to be out of the cold. After we arrived in Salt Lake we got on Trax. By the time we got to the restaurant it was after 7:00. We were pretty hungry. I fed Cole his food while we waited for our food to come. I then gave him some fries to keep him quiet while we ate. The fries were a little bigger so I was a little worried about him gagging but I figured he'd be fine. Next thing I notice, he's gagging a lot, he then proceeds to puke all over himself and me too. I was glad he had two shirts on, but it was still all over. After cleaning that up I ate my food as fast as possible. By this time it was freezing outside and starting to snow. We got on the Trax and we were excited to see the Frontrunner waiting for us when we got there. We ran to get on, sat down, and heard them announce that they were evacuating the train and busing us to Ogden. I guess there was a fire at the refinery. This is a picture of Emma with her cousin Libby waiting in the bus terminal.
We sat in the terminal for a little while. They then found that there wasn't any danger and we got back on the train. There were so many people waiting to get on, when it pulled up everyone rushed to get on. We were crushed trying to get inside. We found a spot and a few of us were lucky to share some seats. Since there were so many people the train had to go really slow. It was 10:30 by the time we got home. Looking back, I've tried to focus on the positive but I'm not sure there are any positives. Emma had fun so I guess that's a positive. Next time I'm going to listen to my instinct. It was definitely an adventure we will remember for a long time.

5 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

That sounds horrible...Seriously! I am glad you made it home safe and hopefully one day you will be able to laugh about it. My experience wasn't that great either, but nothing compared to yours. :)

Rachelle Cook said...

Ashlee this is Rachelle Cook we used to live across the street from you guys by the Murdocks. Your family is so cute. I can't believe how much your little girl has grown up. We live out her in Syracuse now it would be fun to go to the park or something. Email me rhcook07@hotmail.com

Tiffany said...

Your "adventure" brings back so many memories of things we have done that sounded so good in theory, but were a NIGHTMARE in reality! ha-ha These are the moments we laugh at later in life and become priceless just for that reason!

Missy said...

Casey told Jared and I all about your wild adventure. Now I'm nervous to take my kids on it.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! that sounds like a nightmare experience. I hope they get the bugs worked out before I decide to ride it. Love ya,Mom