Monday, September 29, 2008

Cole at 18 months



I took Cole to his 18 month appointment last week. He weighed 24 lbs. 9 oz. (25%) and he's 50% on his length (I never remember how long they are.) Here are a few fun facts about Cole:

  • A few words he can say: thank you, love you, all done, drink, uh-oh, boo, all our names, my brother's names, hello, bye, brush, bum (that a new one...)
  • He loves the song, "Five little monkeys swinging in a tree." He claps his hands when you say "snap!" ...what a morbid song that one is.
  • When he wants something he will take your finger and pull you where he wants to go.
  • He figured out how to turn our computer on. He loves to push the buttons and play on the keyboard. If he's really quiet I know he's on the computer.
  • He loves toothbrushes and he's constantly in the drawer getting all of them out and sucking on them. We have to hunt down our toothbrushes on a regular basis.
  • He gives awesome kisses! Emma doesn't like them because they can be pretty juicy. The other day Cole wanted to give her a kiss but she wouldn't let him. I told her she could have a treat if she let him so she let him and he wouldn't stop kissing her! He adores her (most of the time.)
  • He doesn't like TV very much. Emma loved "Baby Einsteins", not Cole. He'll watch for 5 minutes and then he wants to go play. I'm sure this is a good thing. It's only really early in the morning that I wish he liked to watch something (sometimes "Teletubbies" works.)
  • He's up around 5:45-6:30 every morning. However, he takes good naps and goes to sleep really good at night.
  • He LOVES being outside! I'm not looking forward to winter.
  • His favorite toys include: cars, the train set, phones, and balls.
  • He loves to put shoes on. Most of the time they're girl shoes (mine or Emma's) which look pretty funny on his little boy feet. He also likes to wear Emma's Dora slippers, too funny!
  • He's still a picky eater. He likes crackers, goldfish, and fruit snacks. His meals include: oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt, any breakfast type food, and carrot or sweet potato baby food. He loves to drink...anything! Mostly he drinks milk and water.
  • He has an annoying fascination with the road. I can't let him out of my sight for one minute.
He's such a fun kid. He gives great hugs and he can be very cuddly. He loves his mom a lot (what can I say?) There is an indescribable bond between a mother and son. I was worried that having a boy wouldn't be as fun as a girl. Boy was I wrong! I adore this little guy.

2 comments:

Rob and Jill said...

What a cutie! He is so funny and full of personality. I can't believe he's only 50% in height- he seems so tall. Maybe that just says how short Matt is.

Anonymous said...

KOLIPOKI!!!! We all love the little guy. I'm gonna miss him when I leave.