Just wanted to update you on our weekend. Me and the kids went to Bear Lake with Casey's family. His sister has a cabin up there. I was nervous about going by myself, Casey had to work, but I decided the kids would have lots of fun. They did pretty good most of the time. However, even with good kids it's exhausting being a single parent. On Sunday we met my family, and Casey, at Willow Park in Logan. **Sidenote: the drive from Bear Lake to Logan, AMAZING! The leaves were absolutely gorgeous. I don't know that I've ever seen anything like it. I actually let cars pass me so that I could drive slowly and really enjoy it.** Back to Willow Park, we've been going up there every October Conference for as long as I can remember (we have pictures of me at 2 years old.) It's so much fun. When we arrived the weather was awesome. I was so relieved, since I had been stressing about it all week long. After we ate we went over to the little 'zoo' they have. About half way through the rain came. It was a downpour. We ran to our cars and quickly drove home. I was disappointed, but it was still fun. We were pretty tired when we finally arrived home that night.
I love Conference time! I was able to watch most of Conference at the cabin. It was nice not having to go anywhere, just relaxing at the cabin. I love hearing from our prophet and apostles. President Monson's talk on Sunday was a great reminder for us mom's out there. I need to read it once a day to remind myself to enjoy this time in life. I know someday in the future I'm going to wish I could come back to this time in my life.
I'll add pictures later, no time now...two kids pulling on me...
No comments:
Post a Comment