Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I don't get it...


"This never happens to me. I just don't get it..."

These are words I kept saying to Casey Monday night. Here's what happened:

Sunday Casey came home from work with an invitation to The Pizza Factory. They just built one close to us and they were giving free dinner to some people before they officially opened. They were doing a trial run and wanted to let the community try out their food. We had to call and make a reservation. When we got there they handed us a menu. I assumed they would give us a few pieces of pizza to let us try. This was not the case. They let us order whatever we wanted...for FREE! I just didn't get it. Nothing is free now days. So we ordered breadtwists (cinammon-sugar and garlic), the chicken alfredo pizza (only a medium, I wanted to get more but I wasn't sure what they would let us have), and a meat calzone. They were both so good. We also ordered dessert. It was so yummy. A chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, and whip cream on top. We were full but somehow we ate the whole thing. I wish I had a picture of it. The whole time I was just in shock. I'm always trying to find deals on restaurants. We love to eat out but it costs a lot so we don't get to very often. It was so exciting to us that we were able to eat FOR FREE. The food was so yummy. It was definitely my happy moment for the week. And I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over the whole thing.

8 comments:

C and C Young said...

You are so lucky. I love the pizza factory so much. Their breadsticks are the best!

Becky said...

I hate you. Just kidding. But seriously, I have been so excited that it was opening nearby, but I don't think we can afford it for a while. :(

Rob and Jill said...

How did you get so lucky?! Yum. I can't wait until we can go there. I love that place.

Carlee Hoopes said...

NOT. FAIR. I am so mad at you right now. This is my dream!!! So why wasn't I invited to join? Hmm....I see how it is between us.


(just kidding of course)

The Murdocks said...

I think food always tastes sooo good when it's free! Come to think of it, anything is better when it's free!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Oh so jelous. That sounds so delicious. I am glad you ate to your hearts content.

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations. Not on the pizza invitation, on succeeding in making me hungry when I still have 3 and a half hours of work left.

Haha just kidding Ash, that is really cool :)

Anonymous said...

Cam,
Get back to work!!!