Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pictures and Memories

Emma absolutely adores Santa this year. She really wants to ride on his sleigh. Mom has only had to call him once.
Cole did great with Santa...surprisingly.
Emma singing at the Ward Christmas Party.
Cole being silly.

Christmas memories:

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas time." Every time it comes on the radio I can't help but smile and sing along. This song has special memories because when I was growing up my friend Carlee's family loved to dance around to this song. The song has annoyed Casey in the past but it seems to be growing on him....

I played the piano for 8 years growing up so I have a great appreciation for amazing piano players. One of my favorite piano players is Jon Schmidt. He puts on an amazing Christmas concert that my family has been attending for 5 or 6 years now. It's such a fun concert. Not only is the music great but Jon Schmidt is hilarious and adds a lot of comedy to his concerts. I really enjoy this family tradition.

5 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

HA! That's hilarious that you remember that too! The other day Kory and I were in the car and that song came on and he was all, "This is one of the worst Christmas songs EVER! It's SOOO bad." I told him that we used to dance around the table to it and he was shocked that people actually liked it. I'm glad Casey's coming around. It'll be a long time before I can convince Kory to.

Rob and Jill said...

Cute pictures, and cute kids! Who is that darling little girl in the red next to Emma? J/K They are so cute together!
Isn't it great how songs, tastes and smells can bring back such strong memories. I love Christmas. Thanks for sharing your memories.

Ashlee said...

Carlee, not sooo fast, I still H.. A..T.. E.. it!!!! It is the worst Christmas song ever! Sounds like Kory and I need to hang out more often, we have more in common... both hate the song and like the Cowboys! LOL.

CASEY

Anonymous said...

You're right, Jon Schmidt WAS awesome. Too bad you guys are outlawed by me for going the next two years...haha jk ;)

Ashlee said...

Okay so just a few minutes ago Ash and I were talking about this dumb song, she stated that I'm a grinch for not liking it. Anyways, just after we ended our conversation the impossible happened..... the song came on. Please someone make me go deaf. Though I must say it is pretty humorous watching Ash and the kids "prance" around the house.... LOL!

Casey