Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 2

Our 2nd day was a little bit slower paced. We went to Pearl Harbor. It was a somber, reverent place. It was very thought provoking.

On the ferry to see the USS Arizona Memorial.


This is the top of the boat that's sticking out of the water.


This is oil leaking from the boat. You can also see the boat under the water.


Battleship Missouri and the Arizona Memorial


After Pearl Harbor we stopped at a mall for lunch. In the parking lot there was a "Leonard's" bakery. I was way excited. I had been dying to try malsadas, a Portuguese donut. They did not disappoint. I ordered one of each, chocolate, coconut, vanilla custard, cinammon sugar, and plain sugar. YUM!


Pretty flowers at the place we stayed.


I was still missing the kids on this day. Every where we went I would see people with two kids, a boy and a girl, about the same age as Cole and Emma. I'm sure I noticed this because I was thinking about them all the time. They loved grandma's house though. Thanks mom and dad and all my siblings for all your help!!

2 comments:

Colette said...

looks like you had a good time...I wish I was back there again....I can't wait to hear all about it:)

Emily said...

What a great trip!! I really love your swimsuit, that's the one I wanted to order, but they were all sold out! :)

How nice that you could have a vacation just the two of you - too fun!