
Growing up I loved summertime. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that I was out of school and my birthday is in July. The older I get, however, the less I like summer. I still like going on vacation and the holidays are fun, the parades and fireworks. But it's not my favorite time of year anymore. Here are some reasons why...
- It's REALLY HOT! Ok, I know I've lived in Utah my whole life. I should be used to it by now. I'm really not a fan of winter either. I guess I should live in a more mild climate. I think I would miss the extreme weather...that's what I tell myself at least.
- The TV shows stink. There is nothing to watch right now! I take that back, there is one show to watch. I love "SYTYCD." But other than that, there's nothing. Not one show worth my time. Have you seen the stupid stuff they put on TV in the summer??
- Kids are out of school. Well, Emma hasn't started yet, but I'm sure I'll feel this way soon enough. I'm really happy she has year round school. She starts July 28th and I can't wait. She needs something to do so she doesn't drive me crazy all day!
- Running outside stinks. It's so hot. I think I sweat a gallon every time. It gets hot early in the morning and doesn't cool off until late at night.
- Did I mention it's hot? My kids want to be outside all day, every day. I tell Cole, "It's really hot." He doesn't care though. I doubt he even notices.
Do you have anything to add to my list? Why do you like/dislike summer?
6 comments:
Good list. Summer's never been my favorite season. I've always loved fall the most. But, one thing to add to the list...YARD WORK!
I don't like the hot weather either, especially being pregnant in the hot weather, but for some reason I have done that 3 times now. I wish my kids liked to stay in more too sometimes because I really need the air conditioning lately. :) And to add to the list mosquitos!!!!
I can't handle the heat either! But... it does bring the yummy zuchinni that's almost ready in my garden, with tomatoes close behind!
I swear you could be me from this list! The heat is unbearable for me normally and is worse being pregnant but I hate winter (only because of driving in the snow) too.
My addition to the list: bugs!
I'm beginning to hate summer because of all the friggin' money you end up spending on vacations!
I agree Ash I would love it if it wasnt sooooooo hot!! I also hate daylight saving time! Why do we have to mess with Mother Nature?
Post a Comment