Friday, July 3, 2009

Yes, I feel like I'm dying

This week has been miserable. I hate being sick. A few years back I contracted strep throat and also a cold virus. Cole was 4 weeks old. I remember thinking, "This is the worst sickness ever." Since that time, I've told people I felt like I was dying. I just couldn't remember exactly why I felt this way.

I remember now.

However, just like before when I had strep throat before...it wasn't JUST strep throat. I now have Tonsillitis too. If you want to know what it is, do a Google search. If you want to be grossed out, do a Google 'Image' search. It's horribly disgusting. In fact, I told the doctor I refuse to look in the back of my throat too often since it scares me too much.

So here are some side effects of strep throat and tonsillitis:
  • A greater appreciation for good health
  • Weight loss. I physically can't eat. It's very painful and just not worth it. And I love food.
  • A fear of swallowing. I try hard to avoid it. I have to gather courage before I decide to actually swallow.
  • A greater appreciation for a husband who's been there for me and pretty much taken care of the children by himself.
  • Realizing I enjoy taking care of my kids and my house. It's really hard not being able to "fix" things.
  • Making up my own sign language and using it on my children. It hurts to talk. My kids have never had such a quiet mom...
  • Catching up on all the shows that have been saved on the DVR for the past 6 months. Casey's happy...he likes some sense of order with the DVR list, as do I. Did you happen to catch, "Twins by Surprise" on TLC?? There was a 'crazy lady' that insisted on delivering her babies by herself at home! (I love TLC and their crazy shows...)
I feel better physically, but my throat still hurts when I eat or talk. I can't wait to be back to my normal self. It's true what they say, "When mom's not happy, nobody's happy." Things are looking up though. I got showered, dressed, and put my make-up on today. I think Casey felt he was married to a cave woman all week...my hair was a mess!

3 comments:

D'N K said...

SO SORRY your sick. I have broncitis right now and I feel like the walking dead. I want this sick to be over. Hope you get all the way better soon

Stacey said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! That sounds horrible. I'm glad you're getting over it though. I didn't see "Twins by surprise" but I have heard of freebirthing and it is not my method of choice. :)

The Murdocks said...

What a bummer :( It seems like I haven't seen you forever. I hope you get back to normal soon!