Thursday, January 14, 2010

Trains, trains, and more trains

The week after Christmas is always a little rough. The toys are fun but it's sad that it's over. I heard about a train show at the Union Station and told Casey about it. Of course he wanted to go. He's like a little kid when it comes to trains. I think this is why our kids love them so much. Their dad gets so excited whenever he sees a train! As we were in the car ready to drive to Ogden, Casey mentions riding the Frontrunner to the Union Station. Well you can't mention that to our kids without following through, so off we went to ride the train to see the trains...

It was freezing cold and snowing lightly.


Outside of the Union Station. We had to walk from the Frontunner stop to the station. We thought they were right next to each other. It was actually a 10 minute walk, but the kids enjoyed walking in the snow.


I could not get Cole to look at the camera. He only wanted to look at the trains. Thus not a very good picture...

Riding the Frontrunner.


Emma the photographer. Cole looking tired. They got their suckers at the Union Station.


Pulling out of the Frontrunner station we see the train store that I had heard was really cool so we decided to go in and see it. The trains weren't running so it wasn't much fun but we'll have to go another time.

I'm not into trains like the rest of my family but the kids had fun, so I had fun.

No comments: