Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Parade and First Grade

We were lucky to enjoy one more parade for the summer season. It was good and long and the kids got TONS of candy. Anybody love taffy? I'll bring you some.


And here's one reason for my trip down memory lane...


Emma started 1st grade! Wow, I can't believe it. She is having a great time so far. She loves eating in the lunch room. I joined her today and had a fun time.

She did not want me to take any pictures at the school (even though I pointed out a lot of other parents doing so...) Here's the only one I could sneak:


I have to admit I was a little teary-eyed. Nothing like a little mom anxiety. I'm happy that she's so excited and I can't wait for all the fun things she's going to learn this year.

1 comment:

Megan said...

She likes eating in the lunchroom huh? Has the food changed since I was a kid?! lol. That is pretty crazy that she is in first grade. I look forward to the day when I get to post the same thing. I might cry too. They will be tears of joy ;)