Monday, December 31, 2007

Things That Must Go

Carlee gave me the idea for this post. So here's a list of things I think must go!

1. Slow/Annoying/Stupid Drivers- I know I'm not a perfect driver. However, I believe I'm a pretty good driver most of the time. I just don't understand why there are so many stupid drivers. These people either don't know the traffic laws or they choose to ignore them. And what's with driving UNDER the speed limit...I can't even comprehend why someone would do that.

2.Loud Eating/Drinking- I can't stand listening to people eat or drink. I don't know why it annoys me so much but I just think it's disgusting. We have been teaching Emma to close her mouth because she's a loud eater/drinker. I have to leave the room sometimes.

3. Anti-technology people- It's a techno world and people need to get used to that. You can't fight it. So why not learn how to work a computer?!

4. Hawaiian pizza- True pizza lovers outside of Utah find this trend appalling, as do I.

5. Mopping- Most household chores I really don't mind doing. This is one I hate to do. If I could use a new mop every time I wouldn't mind so much. I've thought of getting the Swiffer Wetjet but I've heard they don't work very good on tile. If anyone owns one of these let me know how you like it. Luckily I have a great husband who doesn't mind mopping.

6. The month of January- What a boring month! There are no holidays, it's cold and dreary, and football season gets very annoying at this point (I have a crazy, obsessive football-loving husband!) While we're at it, let's get rid of snow after Christmas too.

7. The current Jazz team- I love the Jazz! However, the past few years I've given up on them. It's sad but true. We need to get rid of all of them and start over...better yet, bring back Stockton, Hornacek, and Malone. Those were the good ole' days...

8. Odd numbers- I had to end on an even number.

This is all I can come up with right now. If I think of anything else I will add to the list. Anything you want to add to my list of "Things That Must Go," feel free to do so. I'm open to suggestions.

7 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Amen to #3. Kory and I were just discussing this the other day. I am sick of people who oppose change. I have heard so many people tell me that blogging is stupid and ask why I would care what other people are doing. Most people I talk to say that blogging is a waste of time. I think if they would just give it a try, they'd like it. Most people who once said they would have nothing interesting to post have actually quite enjoyed blogging when they give it a try. Anyway, I think people need to embrace technological change or they'll be left behind the power curve. A lot of jobs are obtained now days through people's blogs, and I think it will become the standard to have a personal blog in the near future. Think of all the contacts you have made and people you have come into contact with through blogging. It will continue to grow exponentially in my opinion.

I am also sick of people being so afraid to buy things online (from legitimate sites https://) and to post pictures of their kids on their blogs, etc. Any sick-o could find out anything they needed to about a person if they really wanted to. I think you should put as much information about yourself out there so at least you can control it. Also, the encryption used for online purchasing is safer than any credit card machine in the stores, and WAY safer than using cash or checks. At least the Credit Card companies will reimburse you 100% for any fraudulent charges made. If your cash or checks are stolen, there is no reimbursement. You are just out that amount. I could go on, but I will quit. :) I apologize for getting off the subject.

I also agree with everything else you said by the way.

Ashlee said...

Well spoken! I completely agree with you. The blogging thing...I must admit I felt that way at first too. But it has so many positives. I have a hard time explaining it to people too. If they would only give it a try...

10zfam said...

hey. I have a swiffer wet jet and i don't think it works all that well. plus you have to buy the refill soap, it's a kind of a waste.

Michelle said...

Just because of your item #8 I know you are Carlee's friend!

Anonymous said...

As the man of the house I will say that I agree with some but not all. First off you need to get over the fact that Stockton and company can't play forever.... These new guys went all the way to the Western Conf. finals last year for heaven sake! Just because they aren't old white men like "Horny" doesn't mean they aren't any good. I would even go as far to say that this years team could probably beat the old team! Williams can run the pick and roll just as good and Boozer can finish like Malone. The main thing is the Jazz now have a better starting five then the old team. Let's name some of the old players (besides the big three) David Benoit, Antoine Carr, Adam Keefe, Blue Edwards, Deshawn Stevenson, Greg Ostertag, Delany Rudd, Mark Eaton, John Crotty (Crotchy), Mike the bear Brown, Byron Russell, Greg Foster, Shandon Andersen, Howard Eisley and Chris Morris. I could name more if I wanted too but lets face it most of them did nothing to help the Jazz like this years players do. This years team is a more complete team if you know what I mean.

The other thing I don't agree with is the whole odd number thing. What did the odd numbers do to make you hate them? They are just as nice as even numbers!

Ashlee said she wanted controversy so those were my thoughts... Carlee I expect to hear from you about these matters.......

Carlee Hoopes said...

I'm assuming Anonymous is Casey. First off, The Stockton to Malone era will never be matched. Those were truly the glory days for the Utah Jazz and no matter what you say, it will never be as entertaining or as exciting to watch the Jazz. Secondly, NEVER DIS STOCKTON! Stockton was and always will be the greatest point guard in the NBA. I was supposed to marry him by the way. :)

Okay, odd numbers are lame. Anybody who doesn't think they are lame is lame! Simple as that.

Ashlee said...

Thanks for backing me up Carlee. Casey just doesn't understand. I guess some people recovered quicker than others from the depression of the Post-Stockton Era. And I can't explain the odd number thing...I could analyze it but I won't.