Saturday, August 30, 2008

I still don't pick my kid's nose

Growing up my mom used to pick my younger siblings nose's when they were baby's/toddler's. It would always gross me out. She would say to me, "One day you'll do it too." So I waited to see if it was true. I had my first child. Didn't happen. I had my second child. This time I was much more laid back and easygoing. I thought maybe this time I'll be able to pick my baby's nose. Well, my baby's now 18 months old and I still haven't picked his nose. It grosses me out. Occasionally I will wipe his nose on his shirt, if it's already dirty and I'm going to take it off soon anyways. I prefer using tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, anything I can dispose of. I hate runny noses. I try to wipe Cole's nose as much as I can, which can be really annoying when he has a runny nose that lasts forever! I've said this before being in nursery has reminded me how much I really hate wiping other kid's.

Speaking of disposable things, I also prefer cleaning with paper towels. Dirty rags gross me out. I guess I'm a bit of a wimp. When I run out of paper towels I go crazy. I really should stock up on them. I still use rags for cleaning the counter but I don't like it. Is that weird? I can only use the rag a few times before I get a new one. It's probably more wasteful to use paper towels. I always buy the cheap ones to be more cost effective. When we make all our money one day, that's the first thing I'll upgrade. I love expensive paper towels.

6 comments:

Becky said...

I have no problem wiping my kids nose with whatever- my fingers, their fingers, whatev! :)
As for cleaning counters, the only thing I will use is Clorox or Lysol wipes. I can't even do paper towels. Weird huh?

Carlee Hoopes said...

I will use a rag on my counters, but I'm like you and can only use it a few times before I get a new one out. Especially if I ever cook with ANY meat, my entire kitchen gets Lysol'd and I get a new rag out afterwards. I have no problem cleaning Maggie's nose with my fingers though. If I have a wipe available, I'll use that, but if not, I just use my fingers and then go wash them off. I hate when she has a yucky nose. And I hate cleaning up other kids' yucky noses. But, your mom would have been right with me because I have no problem doing it to my own kid.

Anonymous said...

I just wanna say, What Up Casey??!?!!?!?

I'm sure Syracuse is still in need of a super sweet cop again!! Tell Brian to fork out the dough...or you need to come try out "O" town.

Its not that bad...sort of...ok, maybe a little...

Peace out and stay cream colored.

Lisa said...

I am totally with you on the paper towel thing! I use paper towels when possible and sometimes if I think my hands will have more protection if I use a rag then I throw the rag away after the mess is cleaned. I know really wasteful.

Mandy said...

I must admit I clean my kids' noses with my fingers . . . only if it's dry, not runny. It was always so gross to me so I can't believe I do it now.

I hardly every use paper towels because I hate buying them. I use them to clean up after raw meat and to wash windows.

10zfam said...

i toally agree with you with the paper towels. we buy them in bulk. that's what I use all the time.