Saturday, December 27, 2008

One more memory...

It turned into quite a crazy month so I wasn't able to fit this last memory in before Christmas. But it's a good one so I have to share it. Back in Fall of 2003 we were preparing to move into our new house. We were a happy little couple who decided it was time to add to our family. On Halloween of that year Casey's sister announced she was pregnant. On Thanksgiving his other sister announced she was also pregnant. At this point his family started teasing that we would announce on Christmas that we were pregnant. We soon found out that we were indeed pregnant and thought it would be fun to, you guessed it, announce on Christmas Day that we were also having a baby. His family continued to ask us if we were going to announce a baby on Christmas day and I would lie and say we weren't pregnant.

On Christmas Eve we gave my mom a present with a baby outfit in it and a card that said she was going to be a grandma. She was very excited, of course. On Christmas Day we gave Casey's dad a similar present. He looked at it without saying anything for a good long time...then he showed everyone. It was quite the reaction after they had been saying it would happen and then it really did! It was fun to announce we were engaged one Christmas and pregnant another. Our families started to expect more surprises each year, but that's the last one we've had.

And for a trip down memory lane, here are some pictures of that tiny little baby who is now four years old! My how time flies...




2 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

HAHAHA...I thought you were writing this post to announce something on Christmas again. :) Guess not...

She was such a pretty little baby!

Erika said...

It was fun to see pics of baby Emma...I don't think I've ever seen pics of her as a baby before. I can see resemblences between her and Cole in the second pic. So cute!